Key Benefits for the Public Sector
PEPPOL was created out of a need to encourage the widespread adoption of e-Procurement across Europe. NHS England is one of the largest purchasers of goods in Europe and is the driving force for the adoption of PEPPOL in the UK.
Celtrino is one of the longest serving members of OpenPEPPOL, the non-profit international association with members from the public and private sectors. OpenPeppol has assumed full responsibility for the development and maintenance of the PEPPOL specifications, building blocks, services and implementation across Europe.
Adopting PEPPOL can deliver the following benefits
- Streamline administrative processes
- Reduce business processing and transaction costs
- Improve cash flow management
- Gain real–time visibility of the supply chain
- Eliminate manual processing
- Remove paper documentation
- Allow for collaborative purchasing
- Eliminate waste and errors like oversupply and over ordering of perishable goods
In 2016, the NHS announced a tender competition for PEPPOL Access Point providers to secure a place on a framework agreement. The NHS PEPPOL framework is available to any other UK Public Sector body who chooses to avail of it. In December 2016, it was announced that Celtrino had been awarded a place on this framework.