Senior Software Test Engineer
We are an established, Irish-based company that provides supply chain management services to our customers.
Our vision is a connected world of sustainable online business partnerships driven by shared supply chain excellence. We support customer growth by leveraging our best-in-class scalable trading platforms.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be self-motivated and results-oriented with experience in testing and shipping high quality enterprise-level solutions. You will have an excellent eye for detail, be well organised in your work & enjoy strong verbal and written communication skills in English. You will be a strong team member working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You will be part of a dynamic IT team and be exposed to the latest technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a member of the Quality Assurance team, reporting into the Development team lead.
- Test multiple projects, raise issues, explore and communicate resolutions.
- Write comprehensive test plans & test cases, develop and debug robust automated test cases and tools, and continually incorporate better engineering practices.
- Articulate the state of product quality to management and business stakeholders in order to make good decisions.
- Meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure proper deployments from test to Ops environments.
- Be proactive and creative in developing engineering practices and automation/tools to gain the most efficiency for the team.
- Participate in quality initiatives across the engineering areas.
- Provide feedback on product design and overall long-term strategies.
- Partner closely with teams across the company to incorporate best practices, and bring new test methodologies to the team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Computer science or software engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Software testing specific qualification: ISTQB® (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) or similar.
- 3 years+ experience in testing software solutions using Microsoft .NET (C# and ASP.Net) and/or Angular.
- Background & understanding of the principles and theory of programming
- General interest and passion for software testing and related technologies.
- Solid understanding of XML.
- Excellent Knowledge of & experience in software testing, preferably using Microsoft technologies (e.g. Visual Studio; TFS; MS Testing apps).
- Proven success shipping high-quality products on schedule.
- Experience writing test plans, test cases and test automation.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with other team members (Dev & PM).
- Experience of working with and a solid understand of analysing XML data.
- Experience with API testing and tools like Postman, or similar.
- Experience with SQL.
- Ability to unbundle issues and formulate recommendations clearly.
- Accurately test system functionality & ensure compliance with project specification.
- Accurately record and track defects, using approved defect tracking procedures.
- Change Management and Configuration Management.
- Automated testing tools and frameworks.
- Total fluency in written, reading and verbal English.
- Strong communication skills & Proactive in taking initiatives.
- Experience with Perf/Stress/Scale/Reliability Testing on services an advantage.
- Experience in usability testing.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV to [email protected]